Sunday, August 8, 2010

Poop.....

Ok so now that I have your attention. We wanted to share one of Davis's milestones. Chris and I were trying to get out the door for our church league softball game and were doing a lousy job when all of a sudden Davis looked at me and said, "Poop mommie". I ignored him briefly and then he repeated "poop" and so I asked "Did you poop or do you need to poop?". We headed upstairs for him to sit on the Big Potty. (basically this is his smaller toilet seat that sits right on top of the regular toilet seat. ) I got him on the toilet and said ok go ahead and thought here we go with the same routine. This is where I typically sit beside him and "coach" him or talk to him about going to the bathroom or read him books to distract him. BUT not today oh no... Today I quickly headed out of the bathroom to grab up several things for the game. Chris was also running around and then we heard Davis yeah "Hey!!!" and I yelled back and assured him we were coming back.

When I got back to wipe and wash hands I looked into the toilet and was shocked to see...... POOP. Davis has sat on the potty numerous times without ever peeing or pooping... even though he thinks he is. At this point I exclaimed something like "Davis you POOPED in the POTTY!!!" and clapped my hands, hugged him, and then Chris came in and also was excited and we made a big deal. He got to flush down his first poop. We quickly got a new diaper in place, washed our hands, and headed out to the game. We got in the car and decided to call Gran Newlin to tell her the big news and Davis was happy to share with her, "Poop in the potty". Yes he was proud of himself too. Who knows how long it will be until he goes to the bathroom again on the toilet. I am sure it will be when we least expect it.
(Thankfully for you we have no pictures to share. )

No comments:

Post a Comment